Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Last Email from the Mission





My dear family members, friends, relatives, and anyone else who may be reading,

This is my last Pday. In one week I will no longer be a set apart missionary. These past two years have gone by way to fast. They've been full of successes, failures, happiness, sorrow, peace, and everything in between. Some weeks felt like an eternity, and others passed by in a blink of an eye. It hasn't been easy, it's been the hardest thing I've ever done, but it's also been the most rewarding thing I've ever been a part of. It was rewarding because it gave me the chance to help people leave a life filled with sorrow, guilt, and pain, and come into a life filled with joy, peace, and love. This change only comes through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The power of the infinite atonement is strong enough to change people, heal broken hearts, do everything!

Seeing people who I love become happier through Christ's Atonement has definitely been the best, but the people I've met aren't the only ones who have been changed. This mission has changed me as well. Through my work I have come to know my God, and Jesus Christ whom He sent. The trials and doubts that come with the work pushed me to my God, and as I drew nearer to him, He drew nearer to me. He lifted me up, supported me, and made my burden light. The trials then turned into testimonies with the joys. All of these experiences combined with the Gospel of Jesus Christ have changed me, and are still changing me. I know the gospel is true and that it changes lives because it changed mine. I am a living testimony that it works!

I wish I had more time to serve, but just because I'm headed back to Utah doesn't mean I'm done with my mission, I'm just getting transferred ;) Every member needs to be a missionary, not just the ones with name tags. I can't wait to continue on in the work of salvation!

I love you all! 





1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear your testimony, Chase. We are so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete