Monday, May 4, 2015

And That´s How I Almost Got Out of Giving a Spiritual Thought...‏



Hey mom!

So... This week was a little crazy. Ok, really crazy. 

Well, I´m not going to lie, this has probably been the craziest week of my mission. We started working on the list of part member families that our ward gave us, and this last week we had an appointment with one of them. They are a great family. The Husband was baptized about 3 years ago, but his wife had a really bad experience with the Lutheran church and now she really doesn´t want too much to do with churches. Well, that´s what she told us, at least. She had a ton of questions, some of which we could answer, and then a lot of others we couldn´t. She was hesitant at first, but then we ended up having a great evening together.

Now, right before this appointment I started feeling a little sick, and then afterwards I was just dead. I really don´t like being sick here, I just felt like I was wasting my time. But then when I tried to get up and do something I couldn´t. It´s awful! So I´m going to start taking better care of my body, eating healthier, exercising better, and then hopefully, with a lot of prayer, I won´t get sick anymore.



Dude, that tie


So right when I was fully recovered we had a very interesting thing happen. We had a member family invite us over for dinner! Frank Apel. Just a little background on him. He was the first stake president in East Germany. He was a Temple president, mission president, bishop, pretty much everyone in the book. He was part of the temple committee that build the Freiberg Temple, and he´s mentioned in a book written by President Monson. So, super saint. They invited us over for dinner on May 1, which is some kind of big holiday here in Germany, and it was the most amazing German meal I think I´ll ever have! Oh so good! Turkey, Rotkohl, Knüdel, potatoes, so delicious! They´re an awesome family. So, like after all eating appointments, the time came for us to give a spiritual thought. Right as I opened up my scriptures, my nose started gushing out blood!  It got all over everything, except my scriptures. Those were ok :) I went to clean up, and when I came back we said a prayer and were about to leave... Until brother Apel said "Warte! Wir brauchen noch einen geistige gedanken!" So needless to say, we still gave it. So close

One other crazy experience for the week. We had a potential investigator call us, and ask if she could spend the night. With us. In our apartment. Yea... That kind of threw us off a little. At first we thought she was joking, but as we were coming home for the day we saw her just sitting on the street. We asked her what was going on, and she told us that she had a big argument with her dad, and he told her not to come home for the night. We tried to be good Christians, and we helped her as much as we could, but there was only so much we could do. Eventually we convinced her to go home and try and talk things out with her dad. This was a crazy night, but we just tried to act Like we feel Jesus would´ve acted, and hopefully she´ll remember this and want to learn more.


ALSO! I almost forgot. Thank you for the package. I got it. The swedish fish jelly beans were cool, and I loved the pringles! Their definetly better than the ones they sell here! Why? because AMERICA!!!

One more crazy thing. There was a one day festival outside our apartment yesterday. They had a rock band, bratwurst, Ice cream, games, baloons, and a giant bunny and bumble bee walking around. The temptation to break the Sabbath was REAL


The week was short, but it was crazy.

Love you,

Elder Oliphant



No comments:

Post a Comment