Monday, August 1, 2016

No Official letter, just Hospital Details and 1 Picture "Before"


"Before"

Ok, so answers. 

I've had 3 surgeries so far, one when I first got here, that's when they took the metal plate out, and put the pump in. Then on Tuesday and also yesterday they cleaned out the wound again. I have one more surgery planned for Monday, where they're going to close the wound. This could go two different ways. They want just close it up with stitches, but the wound is pretty big and it's possible that they won't be able to simply stitch it together, in which case they'll take some skin from somewhere else on my body and put it over the wound. If they get away with stitches I should be released next Wednesday. If not, Friday or Saturday.

Things are ok. I'm not going to say they're good, but they're ok. My leg doesn't hurt, the nurses are kind, but I've been in a hospital for a week so... Yea. I the food has gotten better, I asked them to start bringing me yogurt and vegetables and stuff so now I eat yogurt for breakfast and with lunch, I also have a salad with lunch, and for dinner they give me a bunch of cut up vegetables, usually carrots, cucumbers, peppers, etc. 

I feel ok, just tired right now, which is funny considering I just stay in bed all day... But I got a roommate, he's 80 years old, and he's a little like Carl was. I guess he has problems sleeping through the night, because he called the nurse in every 2 or 3 hours, which made it hard for me to sleep. Other than that he's a nice guy though, and he has a really nice wife.

Anything else that you want to know?

LG Elder Oliphant 

No comments:

Post a Comment