Monday, March 2, 2015

Hallo, ich heisse... Elder Bankhead?‏


Hey mom :) 
So, you´re wondering about the title? I lost my nametag, sadly, and so I´ve been wearing one that says Elder Bankhead. He was Elder Timmerman´s trainer, and he gave him a nametag... I don´t know why.

Ok, some things to know about the GBM (Germany Berlin MIssion)... Obedience, obedience, obedience, and obedience. We love rules here. Also, you don´t need an iPad to be a good missionary. If you´re normal sized, don´t spend too much money on clothes, just plan to buy clothes here, and MSF is not a Döner fund!
Hey speaking of rules, I wanted to thank you for all of the rules that you gave me while I was growing up. It´s really helped me here, because I was already used to having a lot of rules.   Some missionaries didn´t have almost any rules growing up, and they get really mad and frustrated with rules, and often thinks they know better, and doesn´t need them. It´s sad, because obedience is a huge part of being a missionary. So thank you mom. I never realized how much you helped me until I came out here. I love you :)
Could you do me a favor? I´d like you to send me a talk. I think it was given by President Kimball, but I´m not sure. It´s about pride, and how we recognize pride in others and in ourselves. I´d really like that one.
Ok, so for the week. I bought the suit, and man, It almost killed me. It was expensive, but it fits perfectly, and it looks really good. I really got a good deal, it was 150€ off! I like it. And with the new European hair cut Elder Timmerman gave me, I look like a regular Kraut!
We´ve started to do a lot more less active work in the area. We went up to a city in our area named Aurich, and we found 3 families up there that let us in and we had lessons with! What a great time we had up there. We´re going back on Saturday to do a service project where we´ll paint one members house. Haha, this lady is so cool. She´s German, but she was born in South Africa and she lived in England for a long time, and she´ll only speak English with us, but she has a crazy British accent!

I love you mom, I miss you and think about you all the time. 
Have fun!
Elder Oliphant






I look like a regular Kraut!

1 comment:

  1. I thought you looked like one before you left. You've never been a regular anything, you are amazing, keep up the good work. Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete