Monday, March 9, 2015

Short but Sweet

Keep the German bible ;) but yea, haha, the batemans mixed up the packages :P Whoops!

Ok anyway, this week we had an exchange with the Elders in Wilhelmshaven, and I had the opportunity to work with Elder Perez here in Leer. That was an amazing exchange. We were going door to door, and a woman answered the one of the doors. I explained that we were sharing the Book of Mormon, and I gave simple testimony of it. She was hesitant at first, but she eventually let us inside! We walked in, and there were five older women sitting around a table all holding there bibles. Elder Perez and I were a little surprised, but we gratefully came in, and started explaining our message. This is when we had a prophecy fulfilled. This prophecy comes from 2 ne 29:6 which states "Thou fool, that shall say: A Bible, we have got a Bible, and we need no more Bible."

Even though it was a little funny, and Elder Perez and I had a good laugh about it later, I really made me sad. I was sad to see just how stubborn some of these people are. We testified, read, and prayed with these women, and the spirit in that room was one of the strongest spirits I have felt on my mission, but these women rejected it. It also made me think about things that I do, and how I sometimes reject things that can help me. All in all this experience really taught me a lot about humility, and how we need to always keep a humble attitude so the spirit can influence us. 
We also had a district conference in Oldenburg with president Kosak, and he told me that I was going to be transferred in 4 weeks. I´ve loved my time here, And I want to make the most of the rest of my time here. Any suggestions?
I love you,
Elder Oliphant

No comments:

Post a Comment