Monday, December 29, 2014

Hi, It seems like I just talked to you : )

Hello family!! since I emailed you on Friday i was worried I wasn´t going to have a lot to talk with you about, but then we had miracles happen! Don´t you just love those?
So Sunday morning we were getting ready to go to church, I decided to wear my lucky tie, because we had a big day planned for us. We went outside, picked up our bikes, and we were off to church. 3 minutes later my back tire was totally flat! Oh It was so frustrating. So we walked the rest of the way to the church and were a little bit late. Not the best way to start off the day, but it´s alright, because what happened next was amazing.

 As we were sitting in the priesthood meeting (they have that first here) one of our members came and told us to go outside. So, we went outside. There was a woman standing in the doorway. She said "Hi, my name in Blessing. Is this a Christian church service?" OHHH MAN!!! We were super excited, and we showed her to the relief society. A little later on we met back up with her, and she told us her story. She´s from Nigeria, has been in Germany for 3 months, and she left her house this morning looking for a new church to go to. AHHHH!!!! How cool is that?? This to me is a huge testimony builder on the power of prayer. I prayed that we could see a miracle that day, and the Lord answered my prayers with this "Blessing". After church we went back outside to the bikes, and remembered my tire was flat... man. Fortunately one of our members had a bike pump with them! Unfortunately, my tire was flat because there was a hole the size of a quarter in the tube... This was awful, because we had 3 appointments for that evening, all of which live pretty far away from each other and we needed the bikes to get to each of them. Fortunately, brother Pruin came to the rescue! He walked us back to his apartment, where he took my bike and gave us one of his to use. Hooray for members!!! What a crazy exciting day we had. Our other appointments that night went very well, and we got 3 new investigators. all in all a pretty good day. And all because of my lucky tie!! Haha, just kidding. It just shows how the Lord will help his servants, when we ask him for it. We need to make that first step, to humble ourselves before him. Then, and only then, will we see the blessings in our lives that he is just waiting to give us.
I´m loving it here, and I hope all is well with you, wherever you are :)
With love,
Elder Oliphant




East and west German christmas isn´t really different, it´s more north and south. The south has a lot of christmas traditions, like the pyramids and the räuchermenschen, and the nutcrackers, and yea. Pretty much all of them. Except for stollen. It´s a type of bread that they make here in between Christmas and new years, with raisins and nuts, so naturally our ward gave us 4 loaves of it for Christmas! Yay us

You can thank Elder Smith for all of the pictures this week

No comments:

Post a Comment