Monday, November 16, 2015

Surprise visit from... Elder Ballard??‏



Hey y'all! 

So, as you can probably guess from the title, we had an interesting
week... Friday morning we got a text message from the mission office
inviting us to a conference call a little later, where we learned that
The Elder Kearon, Elder Christiansen, and elder Ballard would be
coming to Berlin on Sunday, and president wanted all of the
missionaries to be there for it. Haha, that was exciting! Elder
Ballard came, and we all got to shake his hand. As I did this, I truly
felt the happiness and joy that was radiating from this man who has
devoted his life to the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is truly a modern
day apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am so grateful for the
opportunity I had to meet him. He shared several of his own
experiences and gave us his advice for how we could start baptizing
more and more. He reminded us that before we baptize someone we need
to teach them, and before we teach them we need to find them, and
before we can find them we need to talk to them! I feel like we do a
pretty good job of talking to everyone wherever we go, but I'm sure
that there's room for improvement. It's time now to take this
apostolic advice, and use it to make a change! That's what we should
always do when we receive counsel from our leaders. They receive
revelation for us, but it will only help when we choose to act! 

So, as for the work, we are really picking up in Erfurt! This week we
taught 11 lessons! Normally throughout my mission I've averaged around
five! We also found 5 new investigators! We have just been working so
hard, and we're actually seeing fruits of this now! Haha, we are so
busy with our 11 lessons, and Christmas is coming! They've already
started setting up the Christmas market here, and I'm so stoked! Haha,
man! I love Erfurt!

I'm having a great time here, and I can't wait to experience what's
coming this week! 

I love you all!

LG Elder Oliphant




Another picture of food, once again no vegetables

No comments:

Post a Comment