Wednesday, July 6, 2016

June 25

Hello Hello!




Well, I had another week in the office. It's going ok, I guess. I get kind of bored sometimes, but I'm still doing good. It´s funny, since the beginning of my mission I had the feeling that I would be an office elder at some point. I didn't think that I'd have to break my leg to get there but, hey, God works in mysterious ways.

There´s really not a whole lot to talk about. I´ve been technically in a trio companionship for the last week with Elder SIlver and Elder Ã‡akir(pronounced checker. He´s turkish). I'm in a trio with them because I live in their apartment, but they're the turkish speaking program in Berlin, and they're always gone, and I'm in the office with the office elders. Then when they have to leave I have to come with. Sometimes I feel like a big ole sack of potatoes. So for the past week it's been like I've had 4 different companions. But that's about to change because Elder Garner, my companion from the beginning of the transfer, is coming back today! He was down in a different area for a while because there was another missionary in the hospital and his companion needed someone to stay with him. I'll be glad to have a real companion again.

The highlight of this week was on tuesday when I got to attend a zone training meeting in Berlin for the Neubrandenburg Zone. Elder Bennett, my old Erfurt homie, is the ZL up there now, and he and his companion did a great job. It was also nice to talk to Elder Bennett again. He's been a good friend. 


I'm sorry, I'd love to write a nice long letter, but I have no idea what to write about. My ankle is still healing, and I'm still trying to stay strong! Being in the office, you hear about all the problems in the mission, and it's kind of hard sometimes to not get super cynical...

Well, sorry for this awful email. I'll try and do better next week.

Love You!

LG Elder Oliphant

No comments:

Post a Comment